4 into 2 pipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brownford View Post
    They look great! Mines got a 4-1 and I don't know who made it but it's a little too loud for my taste.
    Put new packing in the muffler.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Brownford: have been looking for good set of standard exhaust but so far no luck, so the Tranzac pipes was the best option I could find in Aus. The fitted well and work ok for the riding I'm doing, Sunday rides up the blue mountains. 200k

AussieGS ,Hi Norm, I have rebuilt the carbs,adjusted shims as per the bass cliff info. Carbs have standard jetting ,so far no problems down low ,runs pretty clean through the rev range.

How is your air filter box?
      Steve
      79 GS 750 E

Comment

Originally posted by gssteve View Post
        Brownford: have been looking for good set of standard exhaust but so far no luck, so the Tranzac pipes was the best option I could find in Aus. The fitted well and work ok for the riding I'm doing, Sunday rides up the blue mountains. 200k

AussieGS ,Hi Norm, I have rebuilt the carbs,adjusted shims as per the bass cliff info. Carbs have standard jetting ,so far no problems down low ,runs pretty clean through the rev range.

How is your air filter box?
        Steve
        gssteve, Im presuming its all good due to the fact the carbs were pulled down and cleaned. They had issues with one of the idle screws and is almost off spring to get it right. They also said compression is down slightly, but not an issue. Also when I shut off the throttle on a downhill, there is a fair bit of loud crackle from the exhaust. I seem to remember my original 1000G in '81 was a lot smoother.

Comment

Norm
          Have you checked the shims?
          What compression do you have?

Mine mumbles a bit but no backfiring. Where in Sydney are you?

Steve
          79 GS 750 E

Comment

Steve
            I haven't done any of the work on the engine, I trusted the guys at the shop to have covered. They are pretty good.
            I'm on the Northern Beaches (Brookvale) and looking for a tuner that has experience with the GS. Most of the local guys don't want to know about it.
            Norm

Comment

Working...
            X