1982 gs750t airbox issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1982 gs750t airbox issues

I am currently rebuilding a gs750t for a daily driver. I am currently facing a airbox issue. Don't have one

I have found one on ebay without the airfilter. It has a hole in the back like where an Airfilter should attach but however I am unsure of what I need from what I head vacume carbs do not respond well to PODS. Any help is greatly appreciated also anyone who has a full airbox set for sale for a gs750. I would rather keep the money in good company then to a salvage yard but that's my personal preference. I have copied the url so if that's all I need any adivice is greatly appreciate once again thanks to any and all of those who help me
    -Jay

I have one...but I am in NM and it is in DE. That one looks like one of the chrome covers is bad.

I'll be in DE in a couple of weeks...maybe you wanna buy mine? How long can you wait?

Ed

EDIT: Here's a snapshot from last year...it's still in my garage somewhere.
    GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

sure but where does the air filter attach or does it attach on the back???

Comment

The air filter attaches on the back of the air box, above the battery.
        There is a separate box the filter goes in, and it it attached with a rubber tube to the main air box.

# 9, 13, and 14 are the parts to attach the filter box to the air box.

Comment

Primary/Secondary

Originally posted by superbink133 View Post
          sure but where does the air filter attach or does it attach on the back???
          So it sounds like you're missing both components. I'm actually looking for the SECONDARY Airbox because my second "T" is missing this item. So I actually have 2 of the PRIMARY with one installed and the other one loose from the first picture I posted. This is the one installed on my non-running "T":

Both are in good condition but I can only give up one.

Originally posted by MrFreeze60 View Post
          The air filter attaches on the back of the air box, above the battery.
          There is a separate box the filter goes in, and it it attached with a rubber tube to the main air box.

# 9, 13, and 14 are the parts to attach the filter box to the air box.
          Thanks for the reference!

Ed
          Last edited by GSXR7ED; 02-16-2014, 11:30 PM.
          GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Not trying to hijack this thread, but I like your luggage rack and grab rail on your bike GSXR7ED Both mine are missing. would you have an extra around or even the side covers?

Comment

Items

Not trying to hijack this thread, but I like your luggage rack and grab rail on your bike GSXR7ED Both mine are missing. would you have an extra around or even the side covers?
              Hey Mr.Freeze,

I'm thinking OP shouldn't mind but let's see.

superbink--you OK with this???

Well, here's my verdict. You can have dibbs on the luggage rack; I wasn't planning on using it anyway. Unfortunately, I don't have an extra grab rail. Also, I don't have an extra set of side covers--sorry.

I'll be in Delaware in a couple of weeks if you want to PM me your address and we can discuss shipment arrangements.

superbink,

If you're still interested in getting the PRIMARY Airbox, lemme know. I'll be home at the end of this month so you can PM me too.

Ed
              Last edited by GSXR7ED; 02-17-2014, 11:43 AM.
              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

I can do that when you get back to DE. I'm in no big hurry, so I will get the luggage rack from you down the road.

Comment

L-Rack

I can do that when you get back to DE. I'm in no big hurry, so I will get the luggage rack from you down the road.
                  Yes, for the Luggage Rack/Back Rest, YOU are my first and only bidder.

I don't foresee me changing my mind so 99.99% sure it will be available.

Ed
                  GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Mark1320 has a complete airbox for sale. Hit him up, you might get a good deal on it.

Comment

Complete AirBox

Mark1320 has a complete airbox for sale. Hit him up, you might get a good deal on it.
                      OK, I'll ask him about it.

Now, to figure out how to search a USER. I've yet to do that...

Ed

EDIT: I figured it out...I went to Community at the top of the GSR page.
                      Last edited by GSXR7ED; 02-17-2014, 06:18 PM.
                      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

so you only have the first piece?

Comment

Primary Airbox

Originally posted by superbink133 View Post
                          so you only have the first piece?
                          Yes, only the first piece. I'm looking for the Secondary Airbox where the Air Filter goes for my second "T".

Ed
                          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

does anyone know if a gs1100e 1983 airbox will fit a 82 gs750t

Comment

This is the list of bikes that share that same part #.

1982 GS1000S
                              1982 GS1100E
                              1982 GS1100ES
                              1982 GS750T
                              1983 GS1100E
                              1983 GS1100ES
                              1983 GS750S
                              1983 GS750T

So yes, it will work because it is the correct part.

Comment

Working...
                              X