Gas stabilizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas stabilizer

If a bike is ridden every few weeks throughout the year, does it need Stabil?

How long before gas goes bad?

1100EZ APE pods V&H Street Megaphone
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
    If a bike is ridden every few weeks throughout the year, does it need Stabil?

How long before gas goes bad?

1100EZ APE pods V&H Street Megaphone
    With ALL of the ethanol crap that they put in it, about a month! Lucas sells a anti-ethanol stabilizer that costs about $9.00 a bottle at WalMart and treats about 80 gallons.

Comment

Stabil is cheap, so use it as insurance in seldom used bike. 8 oz bottle will treat 80 gallons of gas as maintenance dose. I suggest the marine formula version.
      It's not just how old the gas is, but what fell in their tanks before it found you!
      1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Stabil burns?

Say it's summer, and a bike is ridden almost every day. What would be the theoretical, or molecular differences between stabilized, and non-stabilized 92 octane northeast U.S. gas?
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
          Say it's summer, and a bike is ridden almost every day. What would be the theoretical, or molecular differences between stabilized, and non-stabilized 92 octane northeast U.S. gas?
          Beats me, but my bike is happy with 87 octane- don't waste your money, buy Stabil instead-it doesn't matter if you ride everyday or once a month, your bike will be happier!
          1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
          X