750 Gsxr 86 carbs on 750e-81?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

750 Gsxr 86 carbs on 750e-81?

Found a good deal on a set of 86 gsxr 750 carbs. Do they bolt straight on to a 750e-81 engine?

More specifically, are they the same c-c wise on the intake side with the same diameter intake boots as the 750e cv carbs?

Comment

They should work indeed , Brian

Comment

The boots will be tight putting 36mm in 32mm.
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
          The boots will be tight putting 36mm in 32mm.
          86 GSXR 750 are BST31SS, 1987 are BST34SS (just looked them up)
          Last edited by posplayr; 02-23-2014, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Krogare View Post
            Found a good deal on a set of 86 gsxr 750 carbs. Do they bolt straight on to a 750e-81 engine?
            I don't know from personal experience, but I think the '86 carbs are designed for a much better flowing head than the '81 750.
            Your motor will restrict the newer carbs so the air/fuel mixture won't be good nor the amount of mixture.
            Maybe with some re-jetting it will run so-so, but I think you're asking for problems.
            And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
            Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Here is a photo, flatslides. I think it could be fun to play around with

Comment

I think these are vm29ss?

Comment

Aw, shucks. I was too slow, add is gone, carbs are sold :-/

Comment

Originally posted by Krogare View Post
                    Aw, shucks. I was too slow, add is gone, carbs are sold :-/
                    Those were RS flat slides and they were probably at least 36's if on a GSXR; gotta be faster

Comment

Working...
                    X