I got a NOS 5 gallon bucket of the GOOD BERRYMANS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a NOS 5 gallon bucket of the GOOD BERRYMANS

I been searching for the old style GOOD stuff and lo and behold an independent parts store near me ( hovis) had a 5 gallon container of it.
    I broke it open tonight and the smell is RIDICULOUS HAHA....it is the "professional" grade for $137.00 and the best money I ever spent!!!!!

I have some of the parts from the GS650L in it, and if memory serves me, the smell cannot be argued.. I HAVE THE GOOD STUFF HERE !!

YIPEEE

my wife is going to be ****ed off now hahaha.. I STINK

In actuality this will be the last batch i ever buy, I have advanced glaucoma and am having trouble seeing things anyway..it might take me a month to do this carb gang hahahha

I still have some of the good stuff. The first ingredient is Methylene Chloride. There is NO question it works WAY better then the new "safe" formula. Be sure to not contaminate it with water. Your wife will soon make you move out and take your stinky stuff with you......
    sigpic
    09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
    1983 GS1100e
    82\83 1100e Frankenbike
    1980 GS1260
    Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Nice find! My favorite was the Mckay's brand. Nothing cleaned black grimy driveway spots better than that stuff. Had the pleasure of visiting the factory one time and it was beautiful, in a toxic waste dump sort of way.
      Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Well I already had a discussion with the wife avout the "STENCH" and I'm going out shortly to look at some of the hard parts I dunked..

I think I'll go find some rubber gloves first....

Comment

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you can still buy the original Chem-Dip as part #0901 or #0905. It's the "professional" product but you can get it at many auto parts stores outside of CA and NJ. It only comes in 1 and 5 gallon cans without the basket. The 1 gallon can is a "replenishment" for the 5 gallon bucket. The weak formula is part #0996 and comes in a 1 gallon paint can with the basket. I just saw the #0901 and #0905 listed on O'reilly's Auto Parts web site for $27 and $99 respectively. I'm going to pick up a 1 gallon can and see if it's the same stinky stuff I remember. The last paint can bucket I bought was NOT the same.

Here's a link from Berrymans site that explains the differance:

Last edited by JTGS850GL; 02-24-2014, 05:57 PM.

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
          1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
          1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

I just picked up my 1-gallon can of #0901 Berryman's Chem Dip Pro. The can didn't say professional on it but it did say to not use to top up the #0966 Chem Dip. Only to be used with the #0905. The guy at O'reilly's was also concerned that it wasn't the original formula so we opened it up while in the store. IT IS THE ORIGINAL FORMULA!!! The smell is unmistakable. Also much thinner then the can I recently purchased. So now I know how to get it and where. They had 8 1-gallon cans of #0901 and 28 5-gallon buckets of #0905 in the warehouse locally. I'm very tempted to pick up a couple of 5-gallon buckets just in case they discontinue the product without notice. The O'reilly's guy did say that if they discontinue the product the price will drop dramatically until they empty the warehouse. I told me he'd try to let me know if it does.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Originally posted by JTGS850GL View Post
              I just picked up my 1-gallon can of #0901 Berryman's Chem Dip Pro. The can didn't say professional on it but it did say to not use to top up the #0966 Chem Dip. Only to be used with the #0905. The guy at O'reilly's was also concerned that it wasn't the original formula so we opened it up while in the store. IT IS THE ORIGINAL FORMULA!!! The smell is unmistakable. Also much thinner then the can I recently purchased. So now I know how to get it and where. They had 8 1-gallon cans of #0901 and 28 5-gallon buckets of #0905 in the warehouse locally. I'm very tempted to pick up a couple of 5-gallon buckets just in case they discontinue the product without notice. The O'reilly's guy did say that if they discontinue the product the price will drop dramatically until they empty the warehouse. I told me he'd try to let me know if it does.
              Hmmm, any idea the shelf life of this stuff?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I would assume that it would be a long time if still in a sealed container.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Originally posted by barnbiketom View Post
                  I been searching for the old style GOOD stuff and lo and behold an independent parts store near me ( hovis) had a 5 gallon container of it.
                  I broke it open tonight and the smell is RIDICULOUS HAHA....it is the "professional" grade for $137.00 and the best money I ever spent!!!!!

I have some of the parts from the GS650L in it, and if memory serves me, the smell cannot be argued.. I HAVE THE GOOD STUFF HERE !!

YIPEEE

my wife is going to be ****ed off now hahaha.. I STINK

In actuality this will be the last batch i ever buy, I have advanced glaucoma and am having trouble seeing things anyway..it might take me a month to do this carb gang hahahha

Don't give up on those eyes,I had ICL surgery a year and a half ago and it was an ordeal but well worth it. I did not have glaucoma, but crippling nearsightedness, now I'm 20/15 and 100% UV protected.

Comment

Working...
                  X