Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exhausts oozing engine oil, plugs are clean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes I'll do that. But first I have to unblock that breather which I apparently blocked myself See this is how one learns by messing things up
    Originally posted by GSX1000E View Post
    I just looks like the USUAL tach drive leak that all of these bikes eventually get to me. Just order number 23 & 24 here from your closest Suzuki store:

Replace those parts and clean up that mess.

Comment

This leak was not there before until I messed up with the breather. Is it normal for such leaks to take place if the breather is clogged / blocked?

Originally posted by GSX1000E View Post
      I just looks like the USUAL tach drive leak that all of these bikes eventually get to me. Just order number 23 & 24 here from your closest Suzuki store:

Replace those parts and clean up that mess.

Comment

don't know how you can have any idea where anything is coming from with that mess. i think you should start by cleaning things up so you can actually see what is going on.
        1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

Problem fixed. The top head cover turned out to be cracked and was leaking oil down the front end of the engine which was being dragged along the exhausts with air pressure and pooling into the muffler bowls along with making everything else around filthy. I got it welded and put it back with a new gasket with some added silicon sealant and now that bike is running as per normal. Let's see how it does in the coming few days. Hopefully it will go fine

Originally posted by greg78gs750 View Post
          don't know how you can have any idea where anything is coming from with that mess. i think you should start by cleaning things up so you can actually see what is going on.

Comment

good news. valve cover leaks can make their way into some astonishing places.
            1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

No doubt! By the way the breather was very much OK and my wire gauze filling actually made it better than it was before, without any oil separator screens. What a shame that I couldn't notice what was wrong because I was too excited to test-ride her at night and couldn't wait for the morning otherwise I would have seen the exact problem clearly at first glance

Originally posted by greg78gs750 View Post
              good news. valve cover leaks can make their way into some astonishing places.

Comment

Working...
              X