4 into 1 for 83 gs 850

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 into 1 for 83 gs 850

What mods will I have to do to the pipe to get a Mac or Vans and Hines to work with this bike..

None to the pipe if it's the right pipe for that year/model. Put your bike in your sig for future reference. Is you bike an L model? You will need to rejet the carbs though.

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
    1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
    1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

83 850 G 4 into 1

It's a G.
      So who do you know that makes a direct fit .. I have been looking at sites for months , nothing for 83 850 g .. I can get 750, 1000, and 1100.. If you know off something please share...

The closest I think is a Mac model #203-0601 but again not a direct fit....

Comment

1983 stock exhaust is the same as 1982 and should be physically the same dimensions as 1980 and 1981. V&H part number 12009 should fit without issues. The most I can think of that would cause a problem would be a slight modification to the rear support. I'd stay clear of the MAC's. Historically they're not as good quality as V&H.

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
        1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
        1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Thank you .. Those are the model #'s I have along with Mac @203-0601.. I just did not know how much mod they would need.....

Comment

I've been looking into this recently myself, there seems to be a few differences of opinion regarding having to rejet etc, when I've been searching on here.
            I have a Motad 4 into 1 fitted to my GS850G and according to the previous owner it has been for many years, I emailed Motad last night and got a reply first thing this morning.
            This was there reply.

Hi Chris,

all of our systems are designed to run on standard jetting and air box,so no need for any adjustments.

Ian
            Motad Sales
            Last edited by Guest; 03-12-2014, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Don't need to now about jetting .. Just want to no which 4 into 1 system will go onto my bike with the least or no fitment changes to the pipe it self .. In other words ease to install on the bike , will hangers match up , ground clearance, and that kind of fit issues. I know with pipes and pods I will need to jet until it runs good enough to make me happy.. I have pods and open exhaust now so jetting should be close..

Comment

I just bought a v&h from Z1Enterprises....reasonable price too!

Ed
                GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Good info, good price which model# did you use. I'm looking at v12009..

Also what year and size gs did you put it on...

Comment

Working...
                  X