Help with 4 into 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with 4 into 1

1980 gs 850 building into cafe, need to know size of collar on exhaust where it goes into ports, the pipe i have does not have them, just a formed flange that goes against crush washer and the bolt flange, so pipes are loose in the ports. Were these collars split to put on. It looks like these collars are made on pipes i see online. No info on what pipe i have it came with bike. I can make these collars just need dimensions of outside and length.

have a pipe off my bike, can go measure if you like. just got to plow thru the snow. lol

Comment

That would be great if you could. This is a vintage club build, will be getting together this weekend to work on bike. We just got done with snow and ice got to ride 1 day this week. Thanks for your help. Rt 66 Vintage Motorcycle Association

Comment

swamper,

here are my measuements. off a 4into1 on a 78 1000. looks like stainless but is magnetic. so take it as you will.

the spigots for the head measure 1.750 at the exhaust gasket, this is a very thin lip but is on all 4 spigots. maybe 1/16th thick. then there is a stepdown to 1.625. The overall length of spigot is 1.250 inclupind the exhaust gasket lip. and my exhaust pipes measure 1.500.

hope it helps you out, and if you feel inclined you can make 4 for me. i have made some spigot spacers for a cb650 out of sheetmetal wrapped arouing the xhaust pipe, didnt last super long but sealed up a customers engine for him to sell.

late
        matt

Comment

Working...
        X