the best gas additive for regular use & storage in gs's's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the best gas additive for regular use & storage in gs's's

What is the best additive to use to prevent tank rust &/or clogged carbs on these old GS's?

Ride often.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryJ View Post
      What is the best additive to use to prevent tank rust &/or clogged carbs on these old GS's?
      I like seafoam (when I remember to use it). Like Tkent says though, ride that baby you'll have no issues.

Writing up a little story of my "forgetfullness" for the carb section right not

Comment

Wow I new you guys were having a tough, long winter but this Question at the end of March?
        No signature

Comment

Best "additive" for regular use is just more fresh gas. (Ride often.)

My "additive" for storage is a double-dose of Sta-bil, then ride around the block, top off the tank and park it.

No in-line filters here, the ones that came with the bike are still working fine.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Seafoam!..
            sigpic

82 GS850
            78 GS1000
            04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
            .................________-|___\____
            ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

When I drive by the dome and it reminds me to get some more SeaFoam

Concordia University is pleased to unveil the newest addition to Sea Foam Stadium, unofficially known around campus already as "The Foam Dome," the bubble wa...
              82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Berrymans B12 Chemtool for periodic freshening up ( few times a season with the ethanol gas ) and for long term storage I use Stabil.
                MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

I have had better luck with StarTron than any other.
                  '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                    Wow I new you guys were having a tough, long winter but this Question at the end of March?
                    The 500mb models show an event from the pacific which could be dropping a significant winter storm on the northern area of the eastern seaboard in the coming weeks. So the winter isn't over yet on the east coast.
                    I blame the collapse of the gulfstream convections which stalled just east of bermuda and allowed the polar vortex to split, but some of the locals here are questioning if witchcraft was involved.

Comment

My friend the collector stores his 80+ bikes with non ethanol premium (the only NE gas we can get) and some SeaFoam in the tank

He can go out and start any of his bikes in 15-30 minutes, depending on how long it takes to hook up the battery
                      1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                      1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                      1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                      1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                      1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                      1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                      2007 DRz 400S
                      1999 ATK 490ES
                      1994 DR 350SES

Comment

I use SeaFoam and non-ethanol premium (only non-ethanol around here in TN). I also know some people simply drain the fuel bowls if they know it's going to be awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by Griffyn View Post
                          The 500mb models show an event from the pacific which could be dropping a significant winter storm on the northern area of the eastern seaboard in the coming weeks. So the winter isn't over yet on the east coast.
                          I blame the collapse of the gulfstream convections which stalled just east of bermuda and allowed the polar vortex to split, but some of the locals here are questioning if witchcraft was involved.
                          HA! crazy bastards!

Comment

Originally posted by thebaker4 View Post
                            I use SeaFoam and non-ethanol premium (only non-ethanol around here in TN). I also know some people simply drain the fuel bowls if they know it's going to be awhile.
                            I just run em' outta gas.

Comment

100% sunnoco 110 racing fuel -- no alcohol to evaporate, nice on the rubber parts, we had a bike in storage for 6 years put in a battery fired right up got it hot then we changed the oil and filter. amazing how it lasted the test of time and protected the inside of the tank.

SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Working...
                              X