yet another pod / jet question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yet another pod / jet question.

I do apologize if this is a repost, I honestly looked 6 pages back and didn't see what I was looking for. I did see a link to a website by a Marc (on a pink background), but that was too much information for my little brain. Can anyone explain the next level of pod-ing and rejetting to me? I understand that more AIR needs more FUEL (and will most likely need a changed exhaust), but I don't understand how to calculate these figures / numbers. Is it as simple as change one (pods) and there is a magic number (jet) you use? If someone has done this project before and can recommend the exact jet I need that would be fantastic, but some sort of chart or graph will also be helpful too. Also as a side note, my previous research led me to a company where I could get all of my jets and o-rings from real cheap. If someone has this link handy, that would be much appreciated, otherwise I can dig a little deeper and find it myself again.

Thanks for your time everyone.

It's not magic ,it's art! you have some work ahead of you, did you see the stuff in this link ?

Unfortunately, there's more than just changing jet sizes whern you fiddle with intake and/or exhaust. I plan to avoid discovering it, but others will steer you down the road (Oh no, pods! )
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Thank you. Sounds like I do have my research to do just by glancing at that link you sent me.

Comment

Most people find success with a kit from Dynojet, and do NOT find success without it. You should download the GS850 manual on Cliff's site. In the back, there is a good section on how your CV carbs work. You will note that there are several ports in the bell mouth which supply air to various circuits in the carbs. Everything is designed for these to be in the lower pressure area within the airbox. Beyond "more air needs more fuel" I believe that there is a balance which changes with air box removal.
        sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Working...
        X