Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NOS Jardine 4-1 vs Vance & Hines - which one is best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of my best friend's older brother was a welder at Jardine, making motorcycle headers in the mid 70s. He later became a coke addict and died young.
    sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Originally posted by 850 Combat View Post
      One of my best friend's older brother was a welder at Jardine, making motorcycle headers in the mid 70s. He later became a coke addict and died young.
      My friend's brother was hooked on the Yosh pipe, couldn't weld to save his life. He died young, making about 91 decibels @ 96hp. Tragic really.

Comment

The biggest advantage for the V&H or the Jardine is the weight reduction. No idea on the other pipes of what their weights are. Reducing the weight betters the HP to weight ratio. Performance wise, gonna gain some where, gonna lose somewhere. IF you aren't racing etc, it's not that big an issue.
        sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
        1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
        2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Ed, how is the noise level with the V&H? Is it quiet enough to not attract attention in normal riding? Is the baffle removable so you can adjust the stuffing quantity? I had a Kerker on my Kaw 900 back in the day and the constant drone was annoying. I like the look of the 4-1, but don't want LOUD.
          sigpic
          09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
          1983 GS1100e
          82\83 1100e Frankenbike
          1980 GS1260
          Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

V&h 4-1

Originally posted by bobgroger View Post
            Ed, how is the noise level with the V&H? Is it quiet enough to not attract attention in normal riding? Is the baffle removable so you can adjust the stuffing quantity? I had a Kerker on my Kaw 900 back in the day and the constant drone was annoying. I like the look of the 4-1, but don't want LOUD.
            The sound is not as loud as I expected when I first start her up...she does purr...drivers do notice me...but the pipes aren't extremely loud like the young kids like these days.

I'm not into bringing much attention to myself while riding. But these new pipes give me good confidence through traffic. I make myself known whereas before, the dual OEM pipes I had did not deliver what these babies do.

I ride with more of a proud feeling now...if I want traffic to KNOW I am within their area, just a twist of the wrist gets me their attention.

Ed
            Last edited by GSXR7ED; 04-02-2014, 12:19 AM.
            GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
            GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
            Originally posted by GSXR7ED
            Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Working...
            X