Need advice on carb sync kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need advice on carb sync kit

Hi all. I am planning to buy carb sync kit from ebay. There are kits with few different adapter sizes.
    Which size do I need for our bikes?
    Thank you

get this and that be that.....

Carbtune motorcycle carburetor synchronizers;polycarbonate tool pouchs;for motorcyclists

Comment

I agree the Morgan carb tune is great. I left the restrictors out and it worked great on my 1000. There didn't seem to be enough suction with the restrictors installed.

Comment

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post
        get this and that be that.....

Carbtune motorcycle carburetor synchronizers;polycarbonate tool pouchs;for motorcyclists

Thank you GateKeeper

Comment

I have also had good experience with the Motion Pro SyncPro carb tuner. It is available here:

Comment

No problem.....

or

Nema na cemu.....

I have used Spyug's a number of times, and it's great, works well and easy to use, get the special screwdriver as well, it will make setting up the carbs even easier...

Comment

+1 for Carbtune. Well worth the small difference in price. I used to poo-poo the importance of carb sync, until I did it with the Carbtune. Sooooooo much smoother. On the 850G with CV carbs, you can't get to the #2 adjuster with the Motion Pro tool unless you take off the throttle cable bracket and go in at an angle through the frame tubes.

I am willing to share in the Seattle area, also have complete OEM shim kit and tool.
              sigpic
              09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
              1983 GS1100e
              82\83 1100e Frankenbike
              1980 GS1260
              Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post
                No problem.....

or

Nema na cemu.....

I have used Spyug's a number of times, and it's great, works well and easy to use, get the special screwdriver as well, it will make setting up the carbs even easier...

Are you going back home this summer? Maybe you should, check this out http://www.adriagate.com/Croatia-en/...S-2014-Croatia

Comment

Originally posted by Inblues View Post
                  Are you going back home this summer? Maybe you should, check this out http://www.adriagate.com/Croatia-en/...S-2014-Croatia
                  And I have a place to stay in Zadar, the wifes cousin has an apartment right on the water......damn.....maybe we should change out plans for this year......

I wish we were, but unfortunately not this summer, still lots to do around the new house, so we need to spend the time here.....

Plans are for next year, and this time planning to do 3 weeks down in Zadar and one week in Zagreb and surrounding area....need the coastal life, city life I can get here....LOL

and I need at least a 3 day wild boar hunt as well.....

Last edited by Guest; 04-02-2014, 09:02 AM.

Comment

I just bought a Morgan Carbtune but it comes with crappy plastic hose-to-thread adapters. There were metal ones you could buy instead, does anyone remember where from? Z1?
                    Charles
                    --
                    1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Yes Z1 sells them
                      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by eil View Post
                        I just bought a Morgan Carbtune but it comes with crappy plastic hose-to-thread adapters. There were metal ones you could buy instead, does anyone remember where from? Z1?
                        Have them here too http://www.ekmpowershop28.com/ekmps/...pters-14-p.asp

Comment

So does ebay. Having different lengths is always nice in case you work on a different bike. I have 4 different lengths and I like the copper ones the best but they do transmit heat.

Comment

Ah, I didn't notice Morgan sold them as well. Here are the Z1 adapters:

Next question: 5mm or 6mm?
                            Charles
                            --
                            1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Buy the adapters from Z1/ebay MotionPro, also - it's pretty easy to make your own with some copper or pvc pipe fittings, clear tubing, and some fuel or vacuum hose for near the bike where the clear tubing doesnt hold up under the heat. Automatic transmission fluid works GREAT as the fluid in the differential manometer synchronizer setup, as it is red and easy to see, thick enough to react slowly to not appear to be jumping all over the place with engine pulses, and won't harm your engine if it accidentally gets sucked in if you are way out of sync.
                              Last edited by Chuck78; 04-03-2014, 04:50 PM.
                              '77 GS750 920cc heavily modded
                              '97 Kawasaki KDX220R rugged terrain ripper!
                              '99 Kawasaki KDX220R​ rebuild in progress
                              '79 GS425stock
                              PROJECTS:
                              '77 Suzuki PE250 woods racer
                              '77 GS550 740cc major mods
                              '77 GS400 489cc racer build
                              '76 Rickman CR1000 GS1000/1100
                              '78 GS1000C/1100

Comment

Working...
                              X