81 GS650 chain drive, cant find it in parts fische

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

81 GS650 chain drive, cant find it in parts fische

I am working on a 16v 1981 GS650L chain drive bike and I have been searching the parts fische for some part numbers for airbox to carb boots. Every thing I look up for that year shows the 8v head. Am I missing something? This bike does not seem to be listed anywhere. I have looked at G&S suzuki and suzukipartsmonster. help please

Alphasports have good exploded parts diagrams .

Good luck .

Cheers , Simon .

'79 GS1000S my daily ride in Aus

'82 (x2) GS650ET in the shed

Comment

Just looked at Alpha and they don't know the chain drive model either. I will have to go out and look tomorrow and make sure its a 650. I do know it is a 16v though. Square cam covers and clamped on intake manifolds. The airbox is even different from what they show in the parts fische. It has the 2 piece system. looks like the one on my gs1000E
      Last edited by Guest; 04-01-2014, 10:11 PM.

Comment

GS 650s were not 16 valve engines, chain drive or shaft. The 8 valve head is identical on the 650E and the 650G, as well as the L deviants, and even the Katanas..

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Ok its a 8v head. None of the pictures shows the clamp on carb to head intake boots like they have on the 16v heads. They are only showing the bolt on boots and the ones on the bike are definitely like the ones on a 16v head. Could someone have put a 16v head on this bike in the past? Is that a mod for the 650? I do not know the history of this bike and I know it sat around for a long time.

Comment

Perhaps someone snuck in a 750 engine?

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
              GS 650s were not 16 valve engines
              That was my first gut feeling (didn't know for sure).
              1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

What is the displacement cast into the front of the #1 cylinder?

Comment

I will look tomorrow and report back to you guys tomorrow. You have been a great help again, as usual

Comment

I looked through all the of 650 models on Suzuki Connect which is the dealer Electronic Parts Catalog and I do not find any models with the clamp on intake manifolds for the model you have listed. The only 16 v motors back in 80-81 were 750's
                    sigpic 82 gs1100ez 1168 Wiseco,Web .348 Cams,Falicon Sprockets,Star Racing Ported Head,1mm o/s Stainless Valves,APE Springs,Bronze Guides,etc.APE Billet Tensioner,36CV Carbs,Stage 3 Dynojet,Plenum w/K&N filter,Trued,Welded,Balanced,Crank w/Katana rods & Billet left end, FBG backcut trans, VHR HD Clutch basket,APE nut,VHR High volume oil pump gears,1150 Oil cooler,V&H Megaphone header w/Competition baffle,Dyna S,Coils,Wires,etc.Other misc.mods.

Comment

And 1100s.

Comment

Working...
                      X