Good deal for pod filters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good deal for pod filters?

In your opinion- how bad may the trade of in price and quality be on these Pod Filters: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-48mm-SUZU...-/251334168077

I'm in the process of rebuilding my carbs and I still need to replace my airbox filter. I'm so tempted to just remove that airbox and filter to replace with these simple pod filters. Obviously I would re-jet the carbs.

If this is a fine thing to do, does anyone have a rule of thumb on the specifications for the rejet?

Thanks

Darn firewall!
    I can't see but the best deal out there with quality is APE pods.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

$30.00 for shipping.......seriously?? Lots of better prices on ebay, I'm sure.
      80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Comment

Originally posted by M.Hayes.GS450TX View Post
        In your opinion- how bad may the trade of in price and quality be on these Pod Filters: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-48mm-SUZU...-/251334168077
        You know that old saying, "you get what you pay for"?

Well, you ain't paying much, so ... yeah, you ain't getting much, either.

If you absitively, posilutely HAVE to have pods, go for them, but they are pretty much bottom-of-the-barrel, as far as pods go.
        Your bike will run better and you will have fewer headaches by sticking with the stock airbox.

Originally posted by nastyjones View Post
        $30.00 for shipping.......seriously?? Lots of better prices on ebay, I'm sure.
        I did not see that price mentioned in the link given, but it would not suprise me at all if that was the charge to toss a set over the border.
        The auction that I saw when I clicked the link said "FREE economy shipping" (to the US).

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Some of the cheap ones are not really filters, just screens. Sand and anything smaller will get through.

Others have bad shapes for airflow, create turbulence which makes tuning difficult.

K&N or APE are good, worth the money.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Working...
          X