87 450L fuel lines...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

87 450L fuel lines...

Hey all, does anyone have any pictures of the fuel lines going out of the carb to the petcock? And, can I block off the vacuum port on the carb too? I took everything apart but forgot where the fuel lines go and I don't have a stock airbox anymore, I have 2 pods on the carbs...just need a little pictorial help.
    Thanks!

There is a T between the carbs that should be connected to the larger nipple on the petcock.
    There is a smaller nipple on the engine side of #2 carb that should be connected to the smaller nipple on the petcock.

Why do you want to "block off the vacuum port on the carb"? That is the port that turns on the gas.

You have pods on there now. Have you re-jetted the carbs?

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I'm such a newb at this...I did jet the carbs.
      I was only capping off the vacuum because thats what I thought had to be done since I got rid of the air box.

Comment

Are you talking about the smaller hose that goes to the petcock or the larger one from the airbox to the breather cover? The smaller one should not be plugged while that one from the breather cover should go to some sort of filter
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Ah, ok...I have a filter for the breather. As for the fuel lines, I'm running a CB350 gas tank and the petcock has 2 fuel lines coming out of it. I wish I had a GS guy in jersey, so I can pick their brain about this bike!
          Thanks for the help so far though, I appreciate it!

Comment

There are some folks out there in your area, Allie is one just off the top of my head.

I just went to the members list and did an advanced search. Typing in New Jersey in the location block gave me about 8 folks with Allie and dorkburger being two. Doing the same search with NJ in the location field brought up a few more with 1_v8_Merc being one of them.
            Last edited by cowboyup3371; 04-05-2014, 07:14 AM.
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Awesome!
              Thank you, Sir! I appreciate your help!!!
              It would be a beautiful day to ride, but my gs is sitting there, in parts...ugh

Comment

Working...
              X