Air filters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air filters

i have a 1982 suzuki gs1100e with a vance and hines race pipe and pod filters. (it was already this way when i bought the bike). I was told the bike has been jetted. runs great and i have been running it like this for three seasons. i just bought k&n pod filters and when i installed them my bike did not like it at all. they are about the same size but do have a wider opening.
    (when i say that i mean that the pod filters where they fit over the carb have
    a smaller diameter going into the filters) do i need to look into jetting? could it be that i just had oiled the filters and thats what my problem really was?

Originally posted by Gs1100e82 View Post
    i have a 1982 suzuki gs1100e with a vance and hines race pipe and pod filters. (it was already this way when i bought the bike). I was told the bike has been jetted. runs great and i have been running it like this for three seasons. i just bought k&n pod filters and when i installed them my bike did not like it at all. they are about the same size but do have a wider opening.
    (when i say that i mean that the pod filters where they fit over the carb have
    a smaller diameter going into the filters) do i need to look into jetting? could it be that i just had oiled the filters and thats what my problem really was?
    I bought my '82 1100e six months ago with V&H pipe, standard airbox missing it's lid. It ran great, but 'popped' a lot on deceleration, a sign, I was told, of overly lean mixture.

When I installed APE pods (K&N knockoffs), it didn't run nice at all until I taped over about 90% of the air filters. (Then it pulled fine to redline.)

It's at a shop being jetted on a dynamometer now, I pick her up tomorrow.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

great thanks rob!

Comment

Working...
      X