Stripped mixture screw.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrFreeze60 View Post
    I didn't drill the mixture screw. I was able to get it out with a dremel and a screwdriver I ground down to fit.
    I put on the carbs, and got her to fire up today, and she will need some tuning and syncing. But she fires right up without the choke on so I guess I did something half right.
    I find it weird I can fire my vulcan up with CV carbs with no filters or intake boots on it, and it will fire right up and I can ride it anywhere. I put on a set of Cobra Boulevard slip ons and K&N pod filters without touching the carbs and it runs fine. Actually runs better than stock on stock jetting.
    Strange I tell ya.
    I was referring to the few that stated that was the thing to do.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

I know chef, that was an absolute last resort. A dremel and heat worked.
      The bile will start right up and idle fairly good, and after it warms up a bit, it won't rev past idle. I'm pretty sure it's because I don't have the airbox or filter on them. So today, I'm going to try and get at least the airbox on and see if it will make any difference.
      I did a complete teardown and dip of the carbs, replaced the o-rings, made sure the passages and circuits are open, and I set the float levels, did a bench sync of the butterflies, and the battery is nice and charged. She will start without the choke after she has ran for a few minutes. The mixture screws are out 2.5 turns.
      I will have to pull the float bowl on the #1 carb as the circuit in the bowl for the choke is plugged.
      She hasn't ran in 9 years, so I'm going to go get a set of plugs and see if that will help as well.

Comment

Working...
      X