What is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is it?

Just got back from a short ride, touching up some engine paint, and I notice this hose connected to nothing.

I'm guessing it's from the stock airbox (I have pods now). The wide end was up under the carbs, the other end vented down near the battery vent tube.

Bike is running fine.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Drain hose from from the airbox. Stock fitting, as you said.
    1980 GS550ET

Comment

Yup. The large end acts as a one way valve of sorts. The small end fits on a nipple on the bottom of your airbox. Put a clamp on it to prevent it from falling off again.

Comment

It was attached to nothing at either end. I removed it.

I balanced it on the foot peg to show it's orientation.
        Last edited by Rob S.; 05-01-2014, 07:26 PM.
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Working...
        X