Permanent carb synch adapters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Permanent carb synch adapters

Ok, these are the mark 2 versions, see my lathe thread for the mark 1 prototype.
    made from brass, these synch adapters are a permanent alternative to the screw in adapters. the 2 inner ones will be longer to ease access.
    I am tempted to knurl the caps to make them easier to unscrew but i kind of like them as they are.

1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

I like that!

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Me too.... nice!!
      It's smoke that make electronic components work.
      Every time I've let the smoke out by mistake, they never work again.
      '80 GS250T... long gone... And back!
      '86 Honda Bol D'Or... very sadly long gone
      '82 GS1000SZ
      '82 GS1100GL
      '01 Honda CBR1100XX BlackBird

Comment

I want one but I need two.

Comment

How much?

How soon?

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Do you have anything inside the cap like an o-ring to prevent air leaks? I love the way those look. Any plans on offering them for sale at any point?

Comment

I'm in depending on price. I like the smooth look as well.

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
              1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
              1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

there is an O ring in the top of the cap to prevent any air leak, and although you probably cant see it in the pic, there is a nylon washer between the adapter and the manifold.
                I may offer these for sale but they do take a while to make so i will have to work out a price for 4 of them.
                I certainly haven't got the time do do a "production run" of them but i will knock up sets of 4 as and when i get the time and put them up in the for sale section.
                Do not expect them to be cheap, the brass is very cheap but the man hours to make them will make them a bit pricey i'm afraid.
                1978 GS1085.

Comment

I would say installation would be:
                  A dab of locktite on the base thread and a dab of never-seize on the cap thread.
                  These look really nice. Having just synced my 650.....what a pia. My adapters are too long.
                  #1 no prob, #2+3 the hose end of the adapter is tight to the case when installed and I have to stress/flex the end slightly to get the hose on., and #4....well #4 I have to pull the clutch and put a zip tie on the handle, or remove the shift arm on the clutch cover because the adapted hits the shift mechanism.
                  Steve remembers...at BC last year I had to hold my clutch in while he got the adapter on.lol

Regardless I need to rethink my adapter situation....these look like a great option. Nice work

Comment

Looking good.

Comment

I'm interested

Comment

made a mock up for the inner adapter, not sure if it is a bit too long. would be good for riders with big fat sausage fingers though....... hahahahaa

1978 GS1085.

Comment

Why not just make them smooth so the gauge hose will simply slip over them? Cap off with a rubber cap like many other bikes use.
                          MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                          1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
                            Why not just make them smooth so the gauge hose will simply slip over them? Cap off with a rubber cap like many other bikes use.
                            because i think these are different, and look good as a permanent feature.Plus, there is no chance of the caps popping off, although i have never had a problem with that.
                            Plus, i like them!
                            1978 GS1085.

Comment

The little wire clips keep them very secure. Yeah they look badazz for sure. Just though it would save you a few production steps in the end run if your selling many dozens of sets.
                              MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                              1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Working...
                              X