Carb dip availabilty in UK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb dip availabilty in UK?

Hi guys, Im about to strip down the VM carbs on my GS1000s and have a query? You guys seem to use a carb dip overnight to soak the bodies? Not sure if we can get that in the UK? If I strip the carbs right down will it be enough without dipping them? cheers, steve

Good luck.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Cellulose thinners is what I use.
      79 GS1000S
      79 GS1000S (another one)
      80 GSX750
      80 GS550
      80 CB650 cafe racer
      75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
      75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
        Good luck.
        Good luck on finding carb dip in the UK or good luck on cleaning the carbs properly without dipping?

Comment

Both I guess. CAn you get a little Ultrasonic cleaner?

Those work great.

Comment

Originally posted by hampshirehog View Post
            Cellulose thinners is what I use.
            Thanks mate ill get me a gallon or 4.55 litres

Comment

Both I guess. CAn you get a little Ultrasonic cleaner?

Those work great.
              Thought about getting one because I rebuild pocket watches too and could use it for that too. Might look for a second hand one. Cheers

Comment

From what I can see it's much better than any dip. I throw anything and everything in.

Even something that looks spotless, even something freshly dipped. Throw it in the tank and the water turns nasty. All that dirt came from somewhere.

Comment

From what I can see it's much better than any dip. I throw anything and everything in.

Even something that looks spotless, even something freshly dipped. Throw it in the tank and the water turns nasty. All that dirt came from somewhere.
                  Sounds good

Comment

Maplin ultrasonic cleaner

Just cleaned my carbs with this (see info) worked well

carbs suzuki gsx 750 et 1980 16 valve (gsx uk or gs usa)

Hope this helps

Maplin http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/jpl-8060-h...aner-3-l-a91lw

Product details

JPL 8060 H Professional Ultrasonic Cleaner 3 L £109.99 (187.0 us dollar)

• Upgraded version of the bestseller 8050
                    • Extra large 3 litre (increased from 2.5 litre) stainless steel tank, ideal for cleaning large or multiple items
                    • Powerful 150 W ultrasonic transducer
                    • De-gas function for smaller bubbles and improved cleaning• Includes plastic tray for smaller items• Integrated heater up to 65°C for faster results
                    • Drainage valve for practical emptying of tank• Built in digital timer with 5 settings from 90 to 480 seconds with auto shutoff• Enhanced circuit protection

Building on the success of the hugely popular Ultra 8050, the new 8060 includes a suite of functions normally reserved for larger, much more expensive machines. The previously spacious 2.5 L tank has been increased in size to 3 L facilitating the cleaning of much larger items. Also new is an improved 150 W ultrasonic transducer, coupled with both the heat function (up to 65°) and the de-gas, the 8060 represents a truly fantastic cleaning solution for both the home user or professional.
                    Specifications Ultrasonic Frequency 36,000Hz Power Consumption 170W Max Unit Dimensions 340mm x 255mm x 225mm Tank Dimensions 264mm x 164mm x 80mm Weight 2.5KG

Comment

I use GUNK green as a dip for really dirty carbs but most of the time the U/S cleaner is all that is needed
                      1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

I've used this..good value too, 1 part cleaner to 10 to 15 parts water in an ultrasonic bath...£10 for 1 ltr or £20 for 5lts

Comment

Thanks guys. Got a used one on its way so hopefully it'll do the job.

Comment

Working...
                          X