GS650L Float Level/Carbs Cleaned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS650L Float Level/Carbs Cleaned

Thanks for the help in my other threads cleaning various parts of the carburetors and trying to find the proper fitting for the float bowl drain screw for the float level test. Finally completed all four carburetors this weekend. Dipped, o-rings replaced, gaskets replaced, and float tested...

When measuring the float with calipers during the rebuild I found each to be low, high fuel level, but even after I made adjustments there, I still needed to adjust one more time after the float test to get the 5 mm +/1mm measurement from the bottom of the carb body. Fuel level was still high before the final adjustment.

I am going to take the bowls off one more time before getting the carbs back on the bike to replace the pilot jet plugs. One was really dry and another not too good, but that didn't seem to affect the float test. Not sure if they would have much effect on the operation of the engine, but might as well replace well the carbs are off the bike.

Still need to take off the intake boots and replace those o-rings too.

Thanks,
    Dave
    Blog of my motorcycle projects - http://twowheeljunkie.wordpress.com/
    1981 Suzuki GS650L - Project Bike - Sold
    2013 Suzuki SFV650 - Sold
    2016 Ducati Multistrada 1200 Touring

That looks pretty close to me...... I'd run it. I don't really think it has to be perfect.

Comment

Not so uncommon that the static adjustment yields higher or lower actual readings. The level is pretty close. You can adjust it a little bit more or just leave it. If you plan to take it down one more time, then I'd adjust it a tad more.

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
      1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
      1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Working...
      X