Your honest opinion on A.M. exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your honest opinion on A.M. exhaust

I have almost put a thousand miles on my GS since I have got it running and (knock on wood) haven't had any problems yet! Of course now I like to let my mind wander about what I could do mod related, and if it is one thing I could change it would be the exhaust.

I have been told by a few people that it sounds like a scooter especially when riding around at low RPM ....and I really love the sound of these bikes with vance and hines pipes, plus they are very cheap.

Has anyone just bolted on a vance and hines onto their stock bikes and been okay? Or is their a lot of tweaking and definitely and jet upgrade in order for that? Thank you for your input guys

Originally posted by motokid837 View Post
    I have almost put a thousand miles on my GS since I have got it running and (knock on wood) haven't had any problems yet! Of course now I like to let my mind wander about what I could do mod related, and if it is one thing I could change it would be the exhaust.

I have been told by a few people that it sounds like a scooter especially when riding around at low RPM ....and I really love the sound of these bikes with vance and hines pipes, plus they are very cheap.

Has anyone just bolted on a vance and hines onto their stock bikes and been okay? Or is their a lot of tweaking and definitely and jet upgrade in order for that? Thank you for your input guys
    Umm lots of us have replaced our stock pipes with V&H or some other brand of pipe. It is pretty straight forward install a pipe, just usually a direct bolt on, no modifying at all. As for jetting the carb that could be a bit tricky depending on the route you take. Keeping the stock filter and air box, probably won't have to rejet, install a K&N stock replacement filter, yes to some jetting changes (mostly just a couple steps on the mains) and if you go with pods, then it becomes a bit more work. If your expecting a power increase from a pipe, your"re not gonna see much. What you do gain is weight reduction and a better HP to weight ratio and a nice throaty sound.

Me, I installed a pipe, kept the stock air box set up and installed a K&N filter. Had to go from 112.5 to 115.5s on the main jets.
    Last edited by mrbill5491; 06-20-2014, 11:37 AM.
    sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
    1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
    2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Working...
    X