Main jet size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Main jet size?

So I'm rebuilding my carbs, and the first one I took apart, I see that the main jet size is 130, and stock is 112.5. Is this too big? My '82 GS750E does have a 4-to-1 exhaust and pods set up on it. Thoughts?

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
    So I'm rebuilding my carbs, and the first one I took apart, I see that the main jet size is 130, and stock is 112.5. Is this too big? My '82 GS750E does have a 4-to-1 exhaust and pods set up on it. Thoughts?
    First off you have to compare apples to apples . Stock jets are mikuni. Aftermarket dynojet measure different. The mikuni size equivalent is approx 10 off the DJ size. If your jets are part of a DJ kit it sounds about right which is what should be there for 4:1 and pods. Go to the DJ website they list the contents of the kit for your bike. Also if the needles have grooves it is DJ.

Comment

Mikuni jets will also have their trademark, which is a square inside a square.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I don't see a DJ130 on the main jet, it just says 130 and there is a small square on the left of the number.

Comment

a quandry ...........................

Comment

I'm most likely going to upgrade to the DJ jets anyways, will perform much better I'm sure. I just thought it was weird, and possibly why it was running weird (very sporadic acceleration).

Comment

I'm most likely going to upgrade to the DJ jets anyways, will perform much better I'm sure. I just thought it was weird, and possibly why it was running weird (very sporadic acceleration).
              Is it a DJ kit or not? If oh already have one then you will be chasing your tail.

Comment

All the other jets have the Mikuni trademark square on them, and are stock sizes. The main jet was the only different size, so I don't believe it is a DJ kit.

Comment

All the other jets have the Mikuni trademark square on them, and are stock sizes. The main jet was the only different size, so I don't believe it is a DJ kit.
                  OK

Comment

la quandry

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                    a quandry ...........................
                    Ok so I smirked. And chuckled. But not out loud.

S.

Comment

if your needles are adjustable then you have a jet kit....
                      if not you don't...simple eh?

jet kits do not come with pilot's....eh?

Comment

Depending on the condition (how much oil) and brand/type of pods and how much/little packing is in your muffler, you will probably want to drop down to 127.5's or even 125's on the main jets.

Comment

Working...
                        X