80 GS750 needle parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

80 GS750 needle parts

Ok guys, i'm struggling with something. the location of the different washers on the needle in the CV (BS32) carbs. The service manual and parts fiche shows the needle has the spring and a washer UNDER the e clip, then the plastic washer OVER the e clip.

i installed a DJ stage 3 kit a while ago (K&N pods and a Kerker 4-1). as i am still fuddling with the carbs, i pulled the needles to raise them another notch. and i found something interesting. my needles have an extra washer OVER my e clip (between the e clip and plastic washer). looking at the DJ instructions, it shows the extra washer UNDER the e clip (for a total of 2 washers between spring and e clip).

So the OEM diagram shows SPRING-WASHER-E CLIP-PLASTIC WASHER
    My carbs are setup SPRING-WASHER-E CLIP-WASHER-PLASTIC WASHER
    DJ install diag shows SPRING-WASHER-WASHER-E CLIP-PLASTIC WASHER

what sounds right???????????

Regardless of whether you are using OEM or aftermarket needles:

If you have multiple grooves for the clip, follow the suggestions, as this is the most important setting.

Any fine-tuning of the needle position is determined by the thickness of any washers/spacers ABOVE the clip.

There should be a washer between the clip and the spring that is BELOW the clip.
    This is simply to keep the spring from tangling up in the clip.

Any additional washers between the clip and the spring (or under the spring) will simply compress the spring more,
    but will not affect the position of the needle.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

right, i get all that. so it seems as though the EXTRA metal washer should go below the clip. the extra washer is smaller than the first washer that makes contact with the spring. i already yanked em all out and moved the washer to the spot that the DJ kit diagram indicates. we shall see what that does lol. seems like it would just move the needle up for enrichment. i think i need coils before i fiddle with the crabs too much anyways. 6.5 ohms. book says 3-5..............sweet, more new parts! Dyna ignition here i come lol.

Comment

Working...
      X