Sorry folks some more questions about carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry folks some more questions about carbs

so here we go again, the vm26mm carbs i had on my gs 1000e had chewed up air screws and broken fuel screws a broken pilot jet, all can be remedied in time thanks to the advice and knowledge shared by this great forum...in the meantime tho I have captured some 28mm vm's so whats the chances of putting them on and vroom vroom ? what are the major differences going to be? is there a starting point for setting out, ie jets, needle positon, air screws fuel screws is it out one turn and out two turns? I know thats only tick-over (so i guess I am more interested in the other settings)
    stock airbox and a 4 into 1 (that didnt make a difference when i put it on, I am not looking to go racing just want a smooth ride, thanks once again for letting me tap into your massive brains.
    Simon
    ps I was right about the starter clutch the thing had kicked back and sheared the bolts, I have read three solutions on here, the uber lever. kill switch for sparkplugs etc in your opinion whats best...obviously timing and valves to be checked first. ta

If they bolt on (and air box fits ) give it a shot and let us know about vroom vroom. Start with smaller main jet
    You are planning to clean them properly ?
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

thank you for your help and interest

I will let you know how I get on, I am gonna initially use the jets from the 26mm and put the needles in as well, and see what happens it was running really well with them on before, just the tick over being the problem, the 28mm made it bog down at 3.5 to 4000 rpm, and the plugs were sooty,but you have to start somewhere, I was looking in my 850 manual and it says that the sliders on them are 26's. so if I can find a set of them i will just transfer the lot over and try that,

Comment

just bolt them on, they will work fine. make sure you give them a PROPER clean first!
        1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Working...
        X