Airbox parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Airbox parts

Hey guys, I'm getting a used airbox from a GS member, and it needs a couple parts. Here is the parts fiche:

So I need #18 (individual boot), four #8's (clamps), and #19. PartZilla has #18 and #8. But the problem is that #19 is discontinued. Is there anything I can use or make that replaces where #19 goes? I think it's a double clamp of sorts for that boot. Also, what is that #11? I don't know what it's called and where it connects. Thanks all!

I believe #11 goes into the (breather?) on top of the valve cover.

Comment

# 11 is the engine breather hose, if you follow the broken line (hard to see), it attaches to the hose nipple on the airbox. #19 is listed @ Parts Outlaw, same page, for $3.26, 09402-70306-XCO
      sigpicSome of the totally committed probably should be.
      '58 + '63 Vespa 150's' (London, GB/RI, US)
      '67 X6 T20 ('67 Long Beach, Ca.- misty-eyed)
      '71 Kaw. A1-ugh ('71 SF, CA- worked @ Kaw dlr)
      '66 Yam. YL1('72 SF-commuter beater)
      '73 Kaw. S2A-2Xugh ('73 SF-still parts slave)
      '78 GS 750C ('77 SF-old faithful-killed by son)
      '81 KZ 750E ('81 SF-back to Kaw. dlr)
      '81 GS 650G ('08 back to NE&ME- (project)
      '82 GS '82 (2) GS650GZ, L, Middlebury, G current

Comment

So I need #18 (individual boot), four #8's (clamps), and #19. PartZilla has #18 and #8. But the problem is that #19 is discontinued. Is there anything I can use or make that replaces where #19 goes?
        Odd, partsoutlaw.com has it for $3.26.

I think it's a double clamp of sorts for that boot.
        No, it's just an ordinary band clamp. Identical to the ones on the carbs, but bigger diameter.

Also, what is that #11? I don't know what it's called and where it connects.
        That's the crankcase air breather hose, it connects between the air breather cover that sits on top of the valve cover and the air box.
        Charles
        --
        1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Thank you! And what does the air breather cover do? My gasket for that cover is awful, can I get a replacement for it as well? And is a regular rubber hose okay to use for that?

edit: Also, #18 is listed as a hose on parts outlaw, I thought that is a boot? And I do need #11 as well, which I think can just use 5/16 thick fuel vent line, instead of spending $24 on the new one. Would that work?
          Last edited by Guest; 07-21-2014, 01:51 PM. Reason: Forgot something

Comment

Working...
          X