Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone have a carb sync tool near clifton, nj?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone have a carb sync tool near clifton, nj?

Today, after discovering that one of my floats had a microscopic hole in it, I

repaired it and went for a ride. I've noticed that there is a great difference in

exhaust pressure from one pipe to the other and also in sound. I'm fairly certain

that this means a sync is required. any other knowledge is welcome.

Zach

Zach,

Carb sync is a great place to start.

Before I had a carb sync tool, I made one from 1/4" clear tubing and some bight red tranny fluid. I tacked the tube to a scrap of plywood about 4 feet long and ran the tubes to the two carbs. The only worry is that if your carbs are WAY off, it can suck some of the fluid in. That's why you use the tranny fluid, it won't hurt it much and it's easy to see.

I think I found some barbed nipples at the hardware store to screw into the head, but my memory is a little foggy on that one.

I actually used this method on multi-cylinder bikes by balancing the three individual cylinders to one.

Comment

Wow, I just googled "DIY carb sync tool" and got tons of great ideas.
      Google Search

Pretty sure the internet wasn't around when I made my first DIY sync tool. Would have been very helpful back then.

-Kevin

Comment

im in wanaque nj like 20mins away without traffic

Comment

Originally posted by Zach View Post
          Today, after discovering that one of my floats had a microscopic hole in it, I

repaired it and went for a ride. I've noticed that there is a great difference in

exhaust pressure from one pipe to the other and also in sound. I'm fairly certain

that this means a sync is required. any other knowledge is welcome.

Zach

Its not that hard to make one - i made one for syncing my sv1000 throttle bodies

Comment

Working...
          X