1000G Air Breather Hose Orientation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1000G Air Breather Hose Orientation

Just got my new air breather hoses (big hoses that connect carburetors to air box 13881-45050 and 13882-45050). I don't have anything left of the old to compare how these fit with the offset. Part diagram shows the two LH hoses go on 1 and 2 and the two RH hoses go on 3 and 4. However I don't know the orientation. They all have either a R or L imprinted. They all have a small nipple near where they are inserted in the airbox. The Ls have the nipple on the same side as the L imprint. The Rs have the nipple on the opposite side of the imprinted R. But I don't see anything on the air box that would suggest they fit one way or the other. Or can they just be installed if you understand which way the offset is supposed to be aligned. Thanks but would like to install them once in the air box without the wear and tear of multiple installs to get them to fit.

Look carefully on the airbox, you might see two small nubs, probably at the bottom of the hole where the tubes will fit.

The nipple (nub) on the hose fits between the two on the airbox.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Thanks !! Nipples down, perfect fit thanks. Didn't realize how easy they were to install once put into half moons. Also good advice to replace as 3 of the old hoses were not hard but they spun once in the holes they had shrunk so much. If only I had listened on replacing the petcock instead of rebuilding. Off to Z1 for a new petcock.

Started for the first time in 10 years off of carb cleaner. can't get it to pull gas from the newly rebuilt carbs yet but getting closer!!

Comment

Originally posted by TowPilot View Post
        If only I had listened on replacing the petcock instead of rebuilding. Off to Z1 for a new petcock.
        Trust me, we only make those recommendations because we love pounding on the keyboard relentlessly.
        There is absolutely NO basis for those recommendations, we just LOVE to type.

Originally posted by TowPilot View Post
        Started for the first time in 10 years off of carb cleaner. can't get it to pull gas from the newly rebuilt carbs yet but getting closer!!
        Are you saying that it started for the first time by using carb cleaner or by NOT using carb cleaner?

Either way, carb cleaner is NOT the product to use to get the engine going. The only thing necessary will be GASOLINE, and then, only applied through the proper channels, ie: fuel line and carburetors. You should not have to spray ANYTHING at ANY TIME to get the engine to run.

To get fuel to your carbs, turn the petcock lever to PRIme, which is when the lever is pointing to the back. Leave it there for about a minute, then start the bike. Don't forget to turn the petcock back to RUN.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
        X