Carb issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb issues

Hey bike been running sweet for a little while now but this morning she was bogging a little then would pick up and fly?

did notice carbs leaking fuel a little too? I didn't have a chance to look but was from carbs as late for work and i still have a few hours left before I can have a look before the ride home any ideas?

for note its a 78 gs750 with slider carbs running pods (yes they are attached and yes are K&N ) like I said been running sweet for a while to be honest too sweet never had it running this well till this morning when the above happened.

Hey Guys its all fine number 4 carb had a sticky float needle (think that's what its called) i freed it up with some Carb cleaner and problem sorted.

Comment

You may want to have a good look at your tank for rust. Glad you got it sorted.
      Rob
      1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
      Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

if you had a float stuck then you should change the oil as there is most likely gas in it and it will thin it out

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
          You may want to have a good look at your tank for rust. Glad you got it sorted.
          Yes and check petcock for correct operation- no fuel should flow (in "on" and "res" spot ) when engine is off if you have a vacuum petcock.
          1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
          X