Clear All

MYSTERY part(s)

umm i got these leftovers hahahah
    anybody care to comment
    ??????

IMG_20141017_182439_748 by barnbiketom, on Flickr

Basket cases?

Comment

If they are about 1 1/2 inches in diameter, they are exhaust gaskets.

Not at the head, but the crossover pipe or where two pipes slip into the "Y".

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        If they are about 1 1/2 inches in diameter, they are exhaust gaskets.

Not at the head, but the crossover pipe or where two pipes slip into the "Y".

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
        Basket cases?
        nope
        and nope hahahahah.
        I've never seen these before.. not that I've seen all that many 2 cylinder GSs. especially a 250.
        now a clue. I found them when I pulled the carbs to dip and strip....

Comment

"....I found them when I pulled the carbs to dip and strip...."
          flame arresters ,in case you failed to clean carbs properly and you get backfire thru carbs!
          1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

I forgot to re-install these parts. and I don't know what they do , let alone what the heck difference they would make either..
            but I DO have a theory.
            I'll attempt to find a picture somewhere and post it up later today.

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
              "....I found them when I pulled the carbs to dip and strip...."
              flame arresters ,in case you failed to clean carbs properly and you get backfire thru carbs!
              Hmmm i do not think so considering where they came from but GOOD IDEAS

Comment

Ok these "mesh screens" were in each carb ..in the mouth of the carb in the FRONT. there are no ports or holes or anything there to cover up... Wth???
                My guess is that they "soak up" vapors on a hot soak?? To eliminate a hard hot start????
                At any rate. I didn't want wires right by the intake valve.. Accident waiting to happen ..especially if you look close at one of them..it is starting to come apart.
                Screenshot_2014-10-18-11-05-25.jpg
                Last edited by Guest; 10-18-2014, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Not in here

or here

and not in the Suzuki shop manual for the GS250T

Some previous owner added them. They look like part of a pod actually. Why they got put in the intake is indeed a mystery

Comment

They ARE IN THAT MANUAL illustration above..my last post .
                    See where it says "remove mesh rings"
                    They are referenced by "part number 3" but don't see anthing else anywhere.
                    Last edited by Guest; 10-18-2014, 01:54 PM.

Comment

On a suzuki parts fiche they are #52 and called "net" but what does that mean?
                      They cant catch anything lol and i dont think there are ANY ports in that portion the ring would cover??$%&&

Comment

http://www.suzukipartshouse.com/oemp...529/carburetor

Comment

I still think they are flame arresters, but maybe they ionize the mixture, sorta like those gizmos folks use to stick in their carb throats to boost power back before fuel injection days. Leave them out and used them for straining chunks out of your turkey gravy in a few weeks.
                          1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Haaa ok i will do that.
                            The only way I'd put them back in would be if they created more power which this bike severely lacks haha

Comment

Holy! there is something there ! I expected something a little plainer but I'm happy to be corrected! ...I share the same OEM Suzuki shop manual with your bike as an "addendum" that covers the GSX 400. It doesn't show the "net" anywhere in the "blow up" of parts in either book but it is plain enough in the main manual as a "mesh ring".

I read the explanation of the TSCC system that is prominent in the manual but no mentionof that turbulator you have yet!

Last edited by Gorminrider; 10-18-2014, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X