750 Exhaust interchange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

750 Exhaust interchange

Does anyone know it an exhaust from a '78 gs1000 will fit a '78 gs750? I need to change back to stock type exhaust on my 750.
    1982 GS750EZ
    1978 GS750EC

Nobody has a clue? I can't test fit because the 1000 exhaust has to be ordered and shipped and I can't afford to pay for something that will not fit.
    1982 GS750EZ
    1978 GS750EC

Comment

The pipes will fit into the head. The mounting flanges that secure them to the head are a much wider bolt/stud spacing. (C-T-C) You can elongate the mounting holes closer to the pipes and they will work.
      The 1000 exhaust will flow better than the stock 750 mufflers so you may have to go up two main jet sizes (at least one) and lastly the stock mounting flanges on the mufflers will sit further back so you
      will have to make a short mounting plate from the rear footrest mounts back a few inches to bolt them up.

Comment

You got some great advice. Where are you "ordering" 1000 pipes from?? or do you mean ebay and the such?
        Rob
        1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
        Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Ebay for the 100 pipes. The problem is I am adding Samsonite bags and they hit the muffler on the right side so I want to go back to stock or similar pipes to clear them. I am having a problem finding decent ( read that fairly rust free pipes and mufflers ) and there is a set on ebay for a very reasonable price.
          1982 GS750EZ
          1978 GS750EC

Comment

Whatever you do, do not post a link to those pipes as they tend to disappear when you do that. They are in very high demand and will vanish from under you. If they are in good shape (get underneath pic's) grab them.

Comment

Working...
            X