V&H "Supersport"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V&H "Supersport"

A few days ago, a V&H "Supersport" 4-into-1 was offered for sale on this site. The seller (a member) stated that it would fit 1982-83 1100e's.

The V&H site, and others, say no. The only ones that fit are their "Street Megaphone" and their "Pro" drag exhaust.

The Supersport's front two parts are black, with a chrome muffler. The Street Megaphone and Pro come in all chrome or all black.

Does anybody know how much alteration would be necessary to fit a Supersport onto an 1100EZ?

It's not a pressing matter, as I think I can get another year out of my current exhaust.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

That was a log gone vintage pipe. You will probably never see another one like it again. After searching out exhausts for GS1100E's for close to 7 years I had never seen one of those before.

Comment

I know of another

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
        A few days ago, a V&H "Supersport" 4-into-1 was offered for sale on this site. The seller (a member) stated that it would fit 1982-83 1100e's.

The V&H site, and others, say no. The only ones that fit are their "Street Megaphone" and their "Pro" drag exhaust.

The Supersport's front two parts are black, with a chrome muffler. The Street Megaphone and Pro come in all chrome or all black.

Does anybody know how much alteration would be necessary to fit a Supersport onto an 1100EZ?

It's not a pressing matter, as I think I can get another year out of my current exhaust.
        That pipe was mine and it was a period correct 82-83 pipe. The list you might be referring to is the current new version that is available.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
          That was a log gone vintage pipe. You will probably never see another one like it again. After searching out exhausts for GS1100E's for close to 7 years I had never seen one of those before.
          The Supersport?

Because I still see the street meg offered.
          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

The supersport is not made for the gs1100 since at least 2008.
            If you are handy you can fit one off a oil cooled gsxr or katana 1100.
            Its easier for me to change my exhaust because i have spigots on my gs, old spring mounted gsxr header fit right on.
            You can still have new canister sleeve for the supersport, they are not chrome but brushed aluminium.
            Marc
            AIR COOLED MONSTERS NEVER DIE
            1978 GS1000C X2
            1978 GS1000E X2
            1979 GS1000S
            1979 gs1000
            1983 gs400e

Comment

all mine has is a 3 inch plate that mounts the silencer to the foot peg bracket . I have a older supersport pipe with canister silencer - but it is not as pretty as Jwhelan65 exhaust.

that style has to be removed to do oil changes. it is a 2 piece. The header is very tight against the engine (front and under) and goes directly down the middle of the engine. The mid pipe is long making the canister hang past the axle on a standard wheelbase GS . I have an extended swing arm 83 1100ES and that makes it look normal . all the other VH pipes go to the side of the bottom of engine -you can get the oil drain plug out- side winders you have to bend your foot brake.
              SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Working...
              X