No announcement yet.

Not another Carb thread!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My main jet just said 102. That may explain it I guess. Ill Ill try to bump up a few sizes. Yes carbs have been dipped, new rubber, the works.

Comment

Did you see the Mikuni trademark? One square inside another, offset to the corner.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I did not. It just said 102 three times around the edge of of the jet. So what size should i get to compensate for the exhaust. 105s? Also I do believe that my idle fuel screws need replaced. After looking at what new ones look like, mine arent nearly as sharp.

Comment

If it had the size three times around the edge, they are NOT Mikuni jets. Not sure if Dynojet jets have a "DJ" on them, but if those are DJ jets, they are the same size as Mikuni 95s.

Z1 carries some jets. Not sure that they are Mikuni, but they are at least sized the same. As for what size, I would not go less than 105, but be ready to install a 107.5 or 110, depending on what your spark plugs tell you.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

So the previous owner leaned it out? Makes sense considering who I bought it from.

Comment

So the new 107.5 i got were about the same size as the jets that were in it. Still the same story. full throttle it bogs down hard, almost like your hitting the brakes. Do i Keep going up in jets? I cant imagin haveing to go down still.

Comment

One thing to try, after a run open the gas cap. If you hear a "Whoosh" the vent in the gas cap is plugged and it will get leaner and leaner until it stops running.
                sigpic
                09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                1983 GS1100e
                82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                1980 GS1260
                Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

So one thing i never did was examine the exhaust closely. The 4-1 is all nice and pretty, then the muffler is about a half inch in diameter smaller than the junction that meets up from the 4-1. Then the tip is smaller than that even. Put stock jetting in it. Ran much better. Probably needs a new muffler too so really open it up. Sounds interesting to say the least. A friend of a friend wanted a bike. so I sold it to him, although I plan to help him learn all about it. Hes very excited and rode it for the first time yesterday and loved! In the mean time ill ride my buell.

Comment

Working...
                  X