81 GS450S petcock - did they make one with a "prime" postion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

81 GS450S petcock - did they make one with a "prime" postion

Can anybody tell me if you can get a petcock with a prime position to suit a 81 GS450S

My original petcock only has a "fuel" and a "reserve" position

If the bike sits for a long time - is it difficult to refill the carby bowls by cranking the bike over continuously - or is this not a common problem ?

Originally posted by Syko View Post
    Can anybody tell me if you can get a petcock with a prime position to suit a 81 GS450S

My original petcock only has a "fuel" and a "reserve" position

If the bike sits for a long time - is it difficult to refill the carby bowls by cranking the bike over continuously - or is this not a common problem ?
    Remove petcock from tank and measure centerline bolt spacing- is it 44 mm? This is a common unit, available from lots of suppliers. In USA, here's a typical offer

same guy (and others)has another unit that has less reserve capacity that costs less.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Thanks for your response - however I don't think this "generic" fuel tap fits a GS450S. Hole spacing (44mm) is correct but the listing does not include a GS450S.

It appears as though the fuel line and the vacuum line point rearwards and look like they will interfere with the frame.

Anybody with a GS450S care to comment

Comment

Yes ,the outlets point rearward on the typical petcock for lots of models/years. Not clear to me what the 450S is! Maybe you have non stock tank? Or non stock petcock, since all suzukis of this era had 3 position petcocks with "on ,res and pr" positions.

Edit. I, and many others, have been using this "generic"petcock for years - made in japan likely in same factory as - genuine suzuki one.
        1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
        X