Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hose from gas gauge?

Hi,

I am now putting thing back together after cleaning the carbs and checking valves (and a number of other repairs, such as changing brake shoes that were frozen on the drum) on the GS450GA. Unfortunately, I forgot where the hose from the fuel gauge goes. The gauge is on the right side under the tank. Should have taken notes, so my bad. Your help is greatly appreciated.

I'm not familiar with the 450a but on most tanks of bikes having fuel gauges, there is an overflow tube at the sending unit on the tank. This tube is draped down with other such tubes (battery overflow/relief tube, carb tubes?ect.) behind the engine and to just below the exhaust pipes.
    sigpic
    83 GS1100g
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Thanks. That sounds right.

Comment

It's not so much an "overflow" as it is a "safety drain". It is there just in case the gasket on the sending unit leaks. It will direct any drippage away from hot pieces like engine and exhaust, so route it accordingly.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Yeah! Don't want any unexpected flames.

Comment

Working...
          X