Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS750T bogs/loses power off idle.

Hey all,

I have a 1982 GS750T with Uni pods and V&H megaphone. Recent carb cleaning. Starts easily, will idle all day long. Twist the throttle and sometimes it revs to 3-4k and acts like it loses fuel/spark and drops back to idle. If I keep in the throttle the bike dies. I noticed the vacuum line going to the petcock looked like it collapsed/kinked so I replaced all the vacuum lines and the fuel line. Plugs look good. This is a new issue. I did a 500 mile weekend last week with no issues, then this after is sat for a few days. Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Moody

1982 GS750T
    1978 KZ400
    1978 KZ750 twin.

Im thinking maybe a speck of the old fuel line may have sloughed off and plugged a jet. Fuel line does decompose and shed from the inside. That or something got in from the tank maybe. I would just pull the carbs and check the jets and be sure the rubber plugs over the pilot jets are tightly fitting and no chance of fuel leakage around them as well...( im assuming it has CV carbs ).

Scale built up in the fuel tee and transfer tubes can also break loose and clog carbs so check they are clean inside also. Check the filter screens under the float seats too for blockage.
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

I will check these areas out this week.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X