No announcement yet.

Airbox questions - '79 GS850

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I have K&N filter in the garage, pretty much brand new. You get it for shipping.

Comment

Wymple, just sent you a PM

All, as spotted above I only have the one 'rubber cover' on the right side. Confirm it does need one on both ends? If so (most likely) where do I source one of those?

cheers, Matt

Comment

Vectordude I was in the same position as you. I bought a used one in good condition on Ebay and when it arrived..no rubber cover. If you follow the link supplied above in reply to me (from fastbysuzuki), you can find a nice solution from Bikecliff. I hope that helps.
        Peter
        Originally posted by vectordude View Post
        Wymple, just sent you a PM

All, as spotted above I only have the one 'rubber cover' on the right side. Confirm it does need one on both ends? If so (most likely) where do I source one of those?

cheers, Matt

Comment

Thought I'd throw a quick mention in here, I'm looking for the plastic filter cage for my '82 GS650G. From the partzilla exploded diagrams, I'm assuming new filters would just ship with their own cage, but my Uni filter certainly didn't. All I can find is the part # for the OEM filter. Thanks for any help.

Comment

Even if you do have the rubber cover I would still put the weather stripping on there just to make sure it's really sealed. I got some on amazon real cheap I'll put the link below. I had a problem with my bike running hot and too lean, and all I had to do was add some weatherstripping.

Comment

Working...
            X