Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VHT High Temp paint inside exhaust system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VHT High Temp paint inside exhaust system?

Hey everybody,

Has anyone coated the inside of their exhaust with a high temp ceramic spray paint? I know it can be done professionally but I'm speaking about DIY spray paint coating. I know Eastwood sells a interior exhaust coating but it's $$$ compared to the VHT high temp paint. Figured I would fashion up some tubing to reach but thought maybe there is some potential issues I'm not thinking of?? As long as I get good adhesion it seems like it would be a great way to control corrosion. Thoughts?

Get it done professionally.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Comment

It's either DIY or not at all. For what it costs to have it done professionally that's half way to a new set of pipes.

Comment

you will have to make sure the inside of the pipes are spotlessly clean before spraying. how do you plan on doing that? probably dipped in an acid bath would be the best way but other methods are possible.
        1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
          you will have to make sure the inside of the pipes are spotlessly clean before spraying. how do you plan on doing that? probably dipped in an acid bath would be the best way but other methods are possible.
          These are brand new pipes. I was thinking acetone and or wax and grease remover. Think that would suffice?

Comment

I have never used Kreem Blue Shield and am only posting their instructions to show that they recommend alcohol or solvent before coating.
            There is a PDF in here.
            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Working...
            X