gs1100ez carb to airbox boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs1100ez carb to airbox boots

I have recently replaced all the carb boots (both sides) on my gs1100 ez (82) as the old ones were age hardened and worn. I've taken the carbs on and off numerous times and have no bother lining everything up. However with the new boots, the inlet boots from airbox to carb on #2 and #3 will not go fully on despite all the others fitting nicely. Looking at the old parts I have noticed that two of them are marked with 'centre' and appear to be slightly longer. A slightly longer boot would solve the problem. My old boots are too worn to re-use. has anyone come across this before and if so point me in the right direction for the correct replacement parts. (I,m in the UK). Thanks

The parts diagram shows them as all the same. Has the airbox dished at the front in the centre slightly?
    79 GS1000S
    79 GS1000S (another one)
    80 GSX750
    80 GS550
    80 CB650 cafe racer
    75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
    75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Originally posted by hampshirehog View Post
      The parts diagram shows them as all the same. Has the airbox dished at the front in the centre slightly?
      The parts diagram I checked also showed all the same, will check the abbot. I've added a photo to show the two different original boots. As can be seen the one marked centre is slightly longer??
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X