X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just picked up this bad boy

Comment

Originally posted by Dre View Post

Hope it works well for you. In my experience there's too much fluctuation in the dial gauge type tool, the needles bounce up and down like crazy and it's hard to get a good reading and the tiniest turn of the screw is exaggerated on the dial.

Granted you can can restrict the tubes (Carbtune does this with some very thick wall tubing that may work similarly) to dampen the vacuum fluctuations gauge like this but I gotta tell you having used and owned both, the Carbtune is the way to go.

I got my carbtune last week and took some photos of a sync on my 750T, I'll post them up this weekend if I don't go camping.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------
      2014 BMW F800GSA | 1981 GS850GX | 1982 GS750T (now the son-in-laws) | 1983 GS750ES | 1983 Honda V45 Magna (needs some love) | 1980 Yamaha GT80 and LB80 "Chappy" | 1973 and 1975 Honda XL250 projects

Comment

I have one of the dial type synching tools like that one and it works fine. They are pretty sensitive on getting the trim valves just right but it works good.
        You'll also want a large fan to keep in front of the motor... and burn ointment that you'll inevitably need for your fingers afterwards. lol
        1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

Originally posted by TxGSrider View Post
          I have one of the dial type synching tools like that one and it works fine. They are pretty sensitive on getting the trim valves just right but it works good.
          You'll also want a large fan to keep in front of the motor... and burn ointment that you'll inevitably need for your fingers afterwards. lol
          DUDE! you too! Not only did I burn my digits until I came up with the little hose technique but I have a big ol scar on the back of my hand from working the idle screw under the carbs that took 2 weeks to heal. I have smeared more triple antibiotic around in the last few weeks because of that Suzuki than I have in the last few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Dre View Post
            For just about $5 more, you could have done SO much better.

Note that you need to synchronize your dial gauges before you synchronize your carbs.

I have used every type of synchronizer available. I would rather do it by ear than use another set of dials.
            If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Comment

Working...
            X