Thank you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you

I just wanted to post a huge thank you for everyone's help. A month ago when I bought my motorcycle it was puking gas out of the overflows, not charging properly, a cylinder wasn't getting hot.... after everyone's help I put in an sh775, new stator, new petcock, ripped apart the carbs and soaked them, rebuilt them with the VM carb rebuilding guide, put in the new o-ring kit that was recommended, new needle valves and seats and gaskets..... I new nothing about mechanics when I started. Now the bike is up and running and working way better! Don't get me wrong, it still has some issues that I'm working on (I think the next project is the valves - it just doesn't have any giver, and finding someone to help me tune/set/sync carbs) but I know it is something I can tackle thanks to all of you and your help! I bought the bike because I wanted to learn and that is happening. Thank you for taking the time to read my posts and respond to my numerous questions. I've really enjoyed it and appreciate it!

Its a great group here!
    -Mark
    Boston, MA
    Suck Squeeze Bang Blow..
    sigpic
    1980 GS850G with 79 carbs.....

Comment

Working...
    X