Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb hose diagram or ID?

Greetings.
    I have a not quite basket case GL850, 1983, I have new boots on and carbs are cleaned. The problem is I have hoses that I am not sure where they go. I have one that is held by a wire harness up under the tank and I have no clue where that one hooks up. I have figured out the petcock hoses. I get he gas running to the carbs just fine (not in prime). I am using an old GS550 manual and it has pictures but the hoses are not described and all the videos I have watched do not talk about where the hoses go or what they are.

Would appreciate a source. Thanks in advance.

JJ

Most everything you need to know about your bike can be found on the site from Cliff.
    Welcome to the site.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

There should be four hoses on your carbs.

1. Fuel hose that goes to the T between carbs 2 and 3.
      2. Vacuum hose that goes to a nipple on the outlet side of carb 2.
      3. Vent hose that goes to a T between carbs 1 and 2.
      4. Vent hose that goes to a T between carbs 3 and 4.

If you are still using the stock airbox, the vent hoses should be routed over the top of the airbox and down the right side, where you will see a device that will hold them there.

There is a fifth hose under the tank, it is connected to a funnel that is bolted around the fuel level sender. The hose will route any fuel that might leak from there away from the top of the engine. That hose should be routed over the airbox then down to the swingarm pivot area.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Thank you, Steve and Steve. I think that should solve my problem. I will check out what Cliff has posted.
        Thanks again

Comment

Working...
        X