X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LA2SD View Post
    And another...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53257[/ATTACH]
    Ew, looks about like what I saw the first time I took off such. (although did not have the extra sealant in there).

I had heard people mention the orings and I saw them on the microfish, but it took me a while to notice the orings on my boots... beacuse they did not at all look like orings, just looked like a darker area of the boot, somewaht like yours. THat darker area there is what used to be a rubber oring, yah. And that is why someone had to add the sealant.

Do find the Cycle O-Ring web site (a fine GSR member providing us that service) . ANd get a set of replacement screws from him also.

ALso concider replacing the boots.
    THose may crack on reinstall(if they aren't already).
    Will be expensive, like, 35-40 bucks each.
    And with fresh boots the install and any subsequent carb removal will be so much easier.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
      GS1000 ones at top left...same as the 750s.

http://jbmindustries.com/RubberFlange.html
      Thanks, they look almost identical to the originals. How have yours held up?
      Project Bike - 1977 GS750

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
        Ew, looks about like what I saw the first time I took off such. (although did not have the extra sealant in there).

I had heard people mention the orings and I saw them on the microfish, but it took me a while to notice the orings on my boots... beacuse they did not at all look like orings, just looked like a darker area of the boot, somewaht like yours. THat darker area there is what used to be a rubber oring, yah. And that is why someone had to add the sealant.

Do find the Cycle O-Ring web site (a fine GSR member providing us that service) . ANd get a set of replacement screws from him also.

ALso concider replacing the boots.
        THose may crack on reinstall(if they aren't already).
        Will be expensive, like, 35-40 bucks each.
        And with fresh boots the install and any subsequent carb removal will be so much easier.

That's exactly what I thought when I pulled 'em off...I was trying to figure out where the o-rings went There seems to be a consensus among you gents that replacing the boots is the best move. So yeah, I'm going to replace 'em. I definitely want a nice seal, and not have to pry those carbs off again if I can help it.
        Project Bike - 1977 GS750

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LA2SD View Post
          ........... So yeah, I'm going to replace 'em. ............
          You will be surprized at how much easier it will be to install and/or remove the carbs. And most likley engine run better too.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Definitely recommend dipping the carbs and following the tutorial. I had to clean my carbs twice before they were ready to go. The first time I dipped for 24 hrs and still had issues. I think I dipped 36 to 48 hours the second time and finished with carb cleaner and a can of air.

I would certainly suggest a minimum of 36 hours in the dip if the carbs/bike are new to you.
            Jordan

1977 Suzuki GS750 (My first bike)
            2000 Kawasaki ZRX1100
            1973 BMW R75/5

Comment

Working...
            X