Bowl drain plug gasket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bowl drain plug gasket

I need a set of bowl drain plug gaskets, Can I use an O ring there until I receive the OEM gaskets in the mail?

The proper gasket IS an o-ring.

If you have recently rebuilt the carbs, you should have gotten some with your o-ring kit from cycleorings.com.

If you haven't recently rebuilt the carbs, you might contact Robert (at cycleorings) to see if he will part with a set.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      The proper gasket IS an o-ring.
      Not always! I don't know what the proportion would be, but a good number of the carbs on 'our' Suzukis are equipped with a hard nylon washer which serves as the gasket. If that's the case, you really need the correct item. An O-ring will simply squish out and cause problems -- fuel leaks (eek!) and bits of severed O-ring in your fuel bowls.
      and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
      __________________________________________________ ______________________
      2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

The ones that were there were a flat rubber washer. I found some at the local shop, had to dig through thousands of rings and washers.

Comment

yeah my oem was a flat fibre washer. I threw on an 0-ring and never looked back.
          1983 GS 550 LD
          2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Working...
          X