Exhaust Recommendations Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust Recommendations Please

Hey guys! I'm looking for some help and recommendations on what exhaust I should put on my 1980 GS750L. You can see by the pic what I'm working with now. I don't mind a little loud, but not straight up screaming. Is there an affordable exhaust/muffler I can install using the same 2-1 pipes on each side?
    Attached Files

Stop by the Harley shop to see if they have any Sportster take-offs. Some shops have been known to give them away just to get them out of the way, others have charged a modest amount. I used to have a picture saved from someone who had put them on his bike. They looked pretty good, reports were that they sounded decent, too.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      Stop by the Harley shop to see if they have any Sportster take-offs. Some shops have been known to give them away just to get them out of the way, others have charged a modest amount. I used to have a picture saved from someone who had put them on his bike. They looked pretty good, reports were that they sounded decent, too.

Awesome! Thanks GS Whisperer. I never would have thought of that. I'll give the 2 around here a call tomorrow and see how it goes. I'm trying to hold off on spending $400 on a decent 4-1.

Comment

If that doesn't work out hit a swap meet, should be plenty of stock take off mufflers available cheap.
        1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
        1982 GS450txz (former bike)
        LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
          If that doesn't work out hit a swap meet, should be plenty of stock take off mufflers available cheap.
          Thanks! I'll figure something out here soon and let you guys know how it went.

Comment

Full exhaust or just a can? I really like my full Delkevic exhaust and it was affordable. I'm about to swap the straight can for their megaphone though.

Comment

Working...
            X