Hose 55

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hose 55

I have a hose nipple on the carb assembly that was not connected to a hose when I bought my bike and so far everything is running well. Anyone know what the purpose of that nipple is?

The hose is labeled 55 on the exploded diagram found on the CMSNL site.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

(I dont have any expereince with 450s)

You feel suction on that nipple when bike running?
      Run or idle any different when you cover it?

Tell us about what gas petcock you have on the tank. Youhave to leave it in PRIme to get bike to run?

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I haven't though to test if there is a vacuum on the nipple, but the petcock is a vacuum activated petcock that connects to the carb through hose 54. The only options on the petcock are fuel and reserve. The fuel hose connects to part 62 in the exploded diagram.

Comment

That is a VENT port. There should be a hose connected to it that goes back, over the airbox, likely ending under the seat, in relatively calm air.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            That is a VENT port. There should be a hose connected to it that goes back, over the airbox, likely ending under the seat, in relatively calm air.

Good to know. I'll put a length of hose on it and route it back there somewhere.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X