Stuck Fuel mix screws GS650g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuck Fuel mix screws GS650g

Does anyone have a great way to remove these four Fuel Mixture Screws? No Welch Plugs.. The two inner carbs screws holes have been flatten out at the tops where the screws threads would be. So far, I can't get a good tight fitting screwdriver to back them out all the way because of the flattened area. Does anyone have any ideas on how to remove them? I'm am a pretty good mechanic and I have been trying to turn them in a little and back out a little more similar to how a tap is used but they are getting increasingly too tight coming back out and I am worried that the threads that are still good will not be for long if I continue to back them out with more force. A bit worried. Anyone have suggestions? Thank you,

Use some penetrating oil (PB Blaster, etc.) to lube the threads. If the slot on top of the screw is geting worn, use a Dremel tool with a large cut-off wheel to cut a slot down the tower and cut a fresh slot on top of the screw. It will look like this:

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

This looks like a great idea. On my way to lowes to buy a dremel tool and large cut off wheel. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X