Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

86 GS550ES Fuel line connections and routing- need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

86 GS550ES Fuel line connections and routing- need help!

I have a very low mile 86, it is in very good shape with low miles. I went to ride it today and it would crank but not start. Plugs were not fouled. Fuel (non-ethanol) in bowls. I had a Suzuki dealer replace the fuel line last fall. Rode it home and rode it a few short trips that was it. I think they have the fuel lines mis routed and the is a plastic tube with a plastic "tee" between the two carbs...I don't think that should be there. The vacuum line to the right side card was off. I replace the two plastic lines (not the one metal line) between the two carbs with a one piece with no tee (the tee had a third hose running off of it to nothing - like a vent hose?). Can someone send me pictures of how to correctly attach and run the fuel and vent hoses? On another note, this is new as well, headlamp not working on low or bright, turn signals light in front as supposed to but wont blink? I did have to repair a ground wire to the fuel level sensor but the fuel gauge is working fine. Need help!

I will say this about this bike. The battery has to be in top notch condition to start. When my two year old battery was left sitting for more than a week, the engine would crank ok but not fire. I'd then connect my charger and it would light off no problem. Put in a new battery and that went away.
    The fuel line should just route from the petcock straight across and down to the #2 carb. As long as no one added a filter it should have very little chance of kinking. Please make sure the isn't an external filter in between the carb and tank.
    1981 Suzuki GS250T
    1982 Yamaha Seca Turbo
    1985 Suzuki GS550E
    2004 Suzuki GSF1200S

Comment

Working...
    X