Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1980 gs750 carb boots? source?

Hey everyone.

Got the bike running, idles rough and all over the place. Yay carb boot leak!

Just wondering if anyone knows a place to get some carb boots for this bike without paying $80 for essentially four bent pieces of hose.

Tried looking around for an equivalent, but can't seem to find much. Closest i found was a cb900 carb boot.

(This bike doesn't have the o-ring style carb boot, it's just a rubber hose)

Thanks!

Four bits of bent hose, at $37 better?

He also has the air cleaner box bits of hose, previous page.
    ---- Dave
    79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
    80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
    79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
    92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Thanks a lot! Looks like an awesome site to keep bookmarked.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaos View Post
        Thanks a lot! Looks like an awesome site to keep bookmarked.
        Opinion on Cruzinimage's stuff is mostly favourable - the Honda 750 guys love him, as he's kept their bikes running with pistons and rings for quite a while now. I bought a set of standard GS850 rings from him last year and on close inspection they seem to be fine - but won't know until I run them.
        I haven't heard anything bad about his rubberware, but it's probably going to be better than the miscellaneous garbage that's sold on ebay from various sellers who flog it along with assorted trinketry that's got nothing to do with bikes; I've heard some bad things about carb boots from those sources.
        ---- Dave
        79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
        80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
        79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
        92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Working...
        X