'81 GS650G petcock application puzzler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'81 GS650G petcock application puzzler

I read Admiral Beez's thread on petcock troubles below. That got me checking on availability if or when I need one. ( no trouble right now). Partzilla shows "not available" for a OEM vacuum petcock for my GS650 G for "X" model. I believe that's '81. They do have availability for the "Z" model. Is the "Z" model an '82? One of the one model year deals on a model with it's own unique features, is that the '81 does not have a gas gauge. I don't know why that would matter? Checking Z1, they have a few petcocks left that they apply to almost all the GS's. Same with the George fix shop store link that someone had posted.

Anyone been there with a GS650G or have thoughts? Maybe different pickup heights?
    1981 Suzuki GS650G

They use the same petcock, BUT there are two styles....most common is the one you mentioned off Georgefix site....used on lots of models... There is another style that has less reserve capacity than standard. I bought this style for my L tank . With the G tank , I'd get the other for its extra reserve. The Georgefix site lists both.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by hank2 View Post
      ............... for my GS650 G for "X" model. I believe that's '81. ................... . . . . . . ..........
      Yes.

Originally posted by hank2 View Post
      ............... ................... Is the "Z" model an '82?.........
      Yes.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Thanks, tom203 and Redman!
          1981 Suzuki GS650G

Comment

In answer to your other question, it was the 1980 model year that had the "dreaded" petcock.

Fortunately, it did not affect the non-L shafties.

sigpic
            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
            X